The journey up was not easy, but it is worth it. :) Pinnacles of Mt. Api, Mulu National Park, Malaysia

Sunday, October 2, 2011

ENGLISH IS HARD

LIKE IF YOU AGREE WITH THE TITLE.

Which language is the hardest?
A. Chinese   B. Malay   C. English

DEFINITELY C. English
2nd goes to Chinese, 3rd goes to Malay. 
But all this while English is probably my best language among these 3, but it does not mean my English is good, just that I really am interested to learn more and I'm willing to take whatever it takes to improve my English.



After all these years, I couldn't recall any of my teacher teaching me how to differentiate nouns, verbs and adjectives. Yes, I do know past and present tense. But not past participle and Good Lord, whatever else there is and I never sign up for English tuition classes.




Chinese? I fail my Chinese throughout form 3, the only part I can do well is probably Chinese calligraphy, but the full mark is only 6 marks. sighs
You've gotta admit, English has so many verbs, adverbs, past tense, past participle tense, whatever tense etc! The worst part is, THERE ARE RULES AND EXCEPTIONS! far too confusing.

I believe most of my friends who have better English write with "feel". If it sounds smooth, we'll just go with it. Not caring what tense it is, and we tend to use "big" words (vocabulary words). Synonyms but words that are rarely used. I think we do that to impress the marker. #kiasu





Whatever it is, I shall just try my best not to drop Chinese language next year. Everybody seems to be very mad/frust/whatever it is when I mention this. Okay, I shall go and prepare my sister's lunch now.

#Imtoolazytostudy.

No comments:

Post a Comment