The journey up was not easy, but it is worth it. :) Pinnacles of Mt. Api, Mulu National Park, Malaysia

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Last leg of the race, just keep going

I really want to be able to make it through. I really want to prove all those who have had look down on me, wrong. The fact that I would not be able to further my studies in European countries with my current pre university studies. I still believe that I have chosen the right, or rather suitable path for myself. i have no regrets for the past decisions I made. But the fact of meeting the entry requirement is really suffocating me up. I have indeed tried to give my best shot each time. And I am just slightly above the required grades. But this ain't good enough for me. I have to give twice or thrice of the effort as compared to others, basically because I have to be independent, and not to rely on my parent. I have to really work a million times harder than the rest. Yet sometimes I just feel so, so tired. And I feel like giving up. But sometimes in life giving up isn't an option for me. I really want to pursue my dreams. I really want to be the first one who managed to break the cycle in this family. I longed for it. 

It had all come down to this final leg of the race. I have to hang in there, keep my head held high and continue marching forward! 

A constant reminder to self, that tomorrow will be better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment